Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Meal Plan - Thurs 5th Apr - Wed 11th Apr

Hot Cross Bun Baked Custard
Well, I've been absent for quite some time.  So much going on in my life that blogging definitely took a back seat.  That's not to say that I intend to be an intensive blogger, but I hope to put on here the occasional Thermomix conversion and my meal plans each week.

I have always found that life is simpler, shopping is more cost effective and wastage is much less when we do a meal plan.  I have done them on occasion, but seem to fall off the bandwagon too easily.  It doesn't make sense when there are so many good and practical reasons to do them.

There have been two factors in this resurgence of meal planning at The Opies.  One is that I have signed up to a CSA scheme here in Adelaide.  Jupiter Creek Farm is an exciting endeavour, and I'm pleased to be supporting local, organic and sustainable agriculture.  Each week we receive a box of fruit and veggies that are determined by them - i.e. I don't get a choice.  For some people, this would be a hugely scary prospect.  For me, it's a challenge that I want to take on.  So, each week, when I know what's in the box, I will do a meal plan to make the most of that produce.

The second impetus is Jo from Quirky Cooking's initiative on her blog to post and link up meal plans.  Her weekly post encourages participation and I love to take inspiration from her plans and those who link up.

You'll notice in my plan (which is a direct export from MacGourmet's Meal Planning module) I have a section for food preparation.  This is where I plonk things that need to be done in preparation for an upcoming meal, or it might be for making snacks or the like.

Do you do meal planning?

No comments:

Post a Comment